Empower Transformation, Drive Innovation
The CIO Experience brings together hundreds of CIOs and leadership aspirants from around the world who represent all types and sizes of colleges and universities. These leaders share a passion for engaging with the community and contributing to a better understanding of the strategic role of technology in higher education.
At the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, CIOs create connections and focus on the future. Together we inspire each other to lead change, empower transformation, and drive innovation.
- Discuss top IT issues and strategic technologies at the CIO Constituent Group Meeting.
- Contribute to the understanding of IT’s role in institutional change during small-group conversations.
- Increase your opportunities for advancement with complimentary career coaching.
- Expand your network in the CIO Lounge.
- Sharpen IT leadership skills at the Hawkins Leadership Roundtable—for new CIOs and those actively seeking the CIO role (limited seating and separate registration/fee required).
- Transcend your focus on day-to-day operations and learn how you can drive institution-wide innovation during the Diana G. Oblinger Innovation Forum (application required).
- Share your unmet needs in teaching and learning and student services and help shape the future corporate market for higher ed by participating in The Pitch IT! Challenge.
Diana G. Oblinger Innovation Forum
Created in honor of the EDUCAUSE President and CEO Emeritus, this inaugural event brings together IT and academic affairs leaders to examine the complex intersection of academic transformation and student success technologies—where leadership and data can power institutional change. Sponsored by Ellucian Learn More >
Hawkins Leadership Roundtable
This roundtable convenes new CIOs and those actively seeking a CIO role to focus on high-level IT questions, discuss important IT leadership issues, and engage in intensive networking with peers and experienced CIOs. Learn More >
The Pitch IT! Challenge
What is the biggest challenge your institution is facing? Senior leaders in academic and IT roles are invited to pitch their biggest technology-driven issue to the EDUCAUSE community. Participate and you’ll get the opportunity to collaborate with corporate partners that are ready to help craft your solution. Sponsored by USA Funds Learn More >
CIO Career Coaching
Complimentary and confidential one-on-one career advice meetings with executive search firm representatives will be available to higher education CIOs and CIO aspirants registered for EDUCAUSE 2016. Learn More >
CIOs are encouraged to kick off the conference with the CIO Constituent Group Discussion Session on Tuesday. The EDUCAUSE Annual Conference program committee also recommends the following executive-level sessions that enable CIOs and CIO aspirants to discuss key themes with featured speakers.
- Leading Transformation within Higher Education During a Period of Major Disruption
- Continue the Conversation with Satya Nitta
- Your Legacy: An Organization That Delivers Strategic Value, Again and Again
- Dealing with Complexity: Supporting Research in a Competitive World
- Using the Cloud - When is it Practical?
- Internal Market Economics: Effective Strategy-Driven Resource-Governance Processes That Align IT with Business Needs
- Investment-Based Budgeting: Plan What You Want to "Sell," Not Just What You Want to Spend
- Student Success is Everybody’s Business
- CIO Roundtable: Lessons Learned in Increasing Inclusivity and Diversity
- Alternative Credentialing in Higher Education