EDUCAUSE Digital Learning Leaders Institute
April 8–June 21, 2024
The EDUCAUSE Digital Learning Leaders (DLL) Institute is for professionals whose campus role involves the support, promotion, and leadership of teaching and learning. The curriculum provides a solid foundation for professionals in their current (and future) roles by focusing on critical areas of learning leadership success, academic communication, data-driven solutions, digital leadership and transformation, and technology initiatives. Throughout the program, participants are immersed in a case-based leadership experience while engaged in applied, active learning in small teams.Register Now
April 8–June 21, 2024
5-10 hours per week
Who Should Attend?
Higher education professionals seeking or interested in teaching and learning leadership
(Synchronous and Asynchronous)
Successful completers receive the DLL Institute digital microcredential.
About Attending This Institute
All EDUCAUSE Institutes are built around the following core themes, which you'll learn more about in the program: diversity, equity, and inclusion, student success, and digital transformation. We believe in a humanized, learner-centered approach that supports communities of learning and networking.
This intensive, eleven-week institute engages participants in interactive live sessions, offers small applied team projects designed to support networking and learning, and provides coaching with the faculty. We ask that participants actively plan the time they will spend on the institute each week, even on a daily basis. Each competency below is delivered with diverse learning materials, resources, activities, and capstone projects in support of in-depth learning, immediate application, and networking.
- Implementing Digital Transformation in Higher Education: Provide leadership in institutional Digital Transformation (Dx) strategies to support successful student outcomes and digital learning initiatives.
- Includes support for defining Dx, assessing institutional readiness, and leading conversations and initiatives toward digital learning and Dx
- Academic Communication: Use effective communication practices to collaborate with various academic stakeholders.
- Includes support for Interacting with faculty, project collaboration, and engaging in difficult questions.
- Leading Digital Initiatives and Projects: Implement project management principles to support digital learning initiatives.
- Includes support for team development, using an ethical framework, setting clear expectations, managing the bottom line, and performance improvement.
- A Data-Empowered Approach: Prioritize the use of relevant data to make effective decisions, propose solutions, and track benchmarks.
- Includes support for data utilization, data security and privacy, prioritizing work and resources, proposing and justifying resources, and creating compelling data visualizations.
- Leadership Applications: Apply the various principles of the institute into forward-thinking leadership practices for personal and institutional goals.
- Includes support for systemic leadership within and beyond the institution, developing a digital learning team and workflow, and forward thinking skills for digital learning leadership.
Each week, we’ll hold a live, synchronous online meeting to discuss resources, activities, and projects. These meetings will be a combination of short talks, discussion, and opportunities for questions. See full meeting schedule in the agenda page.
Learners are expected to dedicate approximately 5-10 hours per week (synchronous and asynchronous) to have an engaged and successful learning experience.
Coaching and Mentoring Opportunities
As part of your enrollment in this institute, you have the opportunity to receive coaching and mentoring from an experienced leader from the higher education community. The post institute mentoring opportunity lasts for three months, and enables a one-on-one connection for the duration of this time.
Join the Conversation
Interact with your peers and share your excitement for #EDUCAUSEInstitute on Twitter.
Professional development for every step of your career.
EDUCAUSE Events Finder
Keep growing with upcoming EDUCAUSE events.
Registration is open—register now!
The DLL Institute begins on April 8, 2024.
The DLL Institute concludes on June 21, 2024.