EDUCAUSE Executive Leaders Academy
October 3, 2022 – April 28, 2023
Hybrid: In Person and Online
*NOTE: Attendance at the 2022 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference is included and required.Apply Now
October 3, 2022–April 28, 2023
3-5 hours per week
Who Should Attend?
For those actively seeking, new, or in experienced senior/executive leader positions in higher education.
In Person and Online
*NOTE: Attendance at the 2022 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference is included and required.
Successful completers receive the Executive Leaders Academy digital microcredential.
About the Academy
The newly designed EDUCAUSE Executive Leaders Academy is a cohort-based, immersive, and applied learning experience for higher education executive leaders or those actively seeking executive positions. The Academy is focused on high-level, intentional leadership in higher education information technology, teaching and learning, information security, or innovation. Principles and practices of executive-level collaboration, organizational design, transformation and change, and business acumen form the foundation of the experience.
Built around the core themes of diversity, equity, and inclusion, student success, and digital transformation, this intensive, seven-month program begins with an immersive, in-person program at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference (included in registration fee) and continues online with monthly, interactive live sessions featuring experts and thought leaders in key areas.
The academy begins with a goal-setting session based on a 360-degree assessment to provide insight into your values and leadership knowledge and skills. You’ll be assigned a mentor for the duration of the program and will also receive personalized advice from an executive recruiter–all to help you reflect upon and develop your professional competencies and brand. This structured experience is delivered with diverse resources, activities, and projects in support of in-depth learning, immediate application, and networking.
- Leadership Foundations: Gain insight into your values and leadership knowledge and skills; learn how to coach and be coached; reflect upon and develop your personal and professional brand.
- Includes support for value-based leadership, coaching, personal brand, and engaging with the academy cohort.
- Higher Education and Grand Challenges: Explore and begin to develop strategies for engaging with and addressing higher education grand challenges at your institution.
- Includes support for identifying challenges and opportunities, seeking insight from diverse stakeholders, and developing plans to address the challenges.
- Collaboration and Impact: Explore collaboration frameworks to move institutional initiatives and strategic goals forward.
- Includes support for determining effective collaboration principles, articulating a collaborative approach, and identifying barriers, opportunities, and key stakeholders for collaboration.
- Business Acumen and Action: Empower your leadership by exploring ways to increase your business acumen at the highest levels of the institution.
- Includes support for Identifying business acumen skills for strategic efforts, developing a communication strategy for initiatives, and enhancing influence and business skills.
- Transformation and Change: Understand and apply tools and ideas for leading transformational changes critical to success at your institution.
- Includes support for supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion as a driver of change, articulating a transformational change model for your leadership, learning from successful change initiatives, and incorporating data and design practices into your leadership.
- Organizational Design: Review and reimagine the current and future design of your organization and its relationship with other stakeholders.
- Includes support for applying key components of organizational design, creating opportunities for DEI practices, understanding the cultural practices of your organization, and developing strategies to support high-performing teams.
- Ongoing Leadership Journey: Reflect on the academy and your leadership journey to develop a plan to continue your development and growth.
- Includes support for informing future opportunities for growth, developing a plan to foster a network of colleagues, identifying mentors and coaches, and developing a plan to optimize your leadership brand.
Learners are expected to dedicate approximately 3-5 hours per week (synchronous and asynchronous) to have an engaged and successful learning experience.
EDUCAUSE Professional Pathways
Chart your way forward and advance in your career.
EDUCAUSE Events Finder
Keep growing with upcoming EDUCAUSE events.
Registration will open in May.
The Executive Leaders Academy begins on October 3, 2022.
The Executive Leaders Academy concludes on April 28, 2023.