Success-Proof Your Change Initiative: The Art & Science of Change Management
Only five percent of change initiatives actually attain their planned results because they do not attend to change management issues. Learn how you can be in that five percent. Engage your team and campus and KEEP them engaged. Identify the change management needs of your initiative and address them proactively. Put your plans on the firm foundation of trust by intentionally building it with concrete actions. Participants will be actively reviewing and sharing examples of strategies that work and applying the principles to their existing initiatives. Success-proof your plans by getting ahead of the change management issues!
During this online ELI course, participants will:
- Discern between change leadership and change management
- Identify change management needs and strategies to support project goals
- Design a plan to implement a change management strategy
- Receive feedback on their ideas and coaching about how to integrate those ideas into plans
NOTE: Participants will be asked to complete assignments in between the course segments that support the learning objectives stated above and will receive feedback and constructive critique from course instructors on how to improve and shape their work.
Holly Morris, Director of Postsecondary Model Development and Adoption, NGLC, EDUCAUSE
As the Director of Postsecondary Model Development and Adoption, Holly Morris is responsible for the creation and management of programs designed to help higher education leaders develop, implement and scale new business and academic models to advance affordability, access, quality and completion. Ms. Morris brings ten years of experience in leadership development coaching with both individual leaders and networks of education professionals.
- Leading Change by John Kotter
- Switch by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- Trust and Betrayal in the Workplace: Building Effective Relationships in Your Organization by Dennis Reina and Michelle Reina