Promote Your Session Before the NERCOMP Annual Conference
Thank you for participating as a presenter at the NERCOMP Annual Conference! You are putting in a lot of hard work to prepare for your session. We encourage you to spread the word about your session and the great work you are doing. Don't forget to share this information with our networks and invite them to join you at the event and your session. We have developed the below Presenter Promotional Toolkit to help you in your efforts!
Share on Social Media
Share the post below to spread the word that you are presenting and remember to use the special presenter social media image.
I am excited and honored to participate as a presenter at #NERCOMP22 Join me in Providence March 14–16. Learn more at https://events.educause.edu/nercomp-annual-conference/2022
Be sure to check out my presentation, "INSERT TITLE HERE" at the NERCOMP Annual Conference 2022, March 14–16. #NERCOMP22 https://events.educause.edu/nercomp-annual-conference/2022
It's also important to share why your presentation is important to you and/or why your friends and peers would be interested in the presentation.
I'm excited to announce that I'll be presenting at #NERCOMP22 on [TOPIC]. [WHY THEY SHOULD CARE ABOUT THIS PRESENTATION]. To join me, visit https://events.educause.edu/nercomp-annual-conference/2022.
I'm looking forward to sharing my work on [TOPIC] with hundreds of #NERCOMP22 attendees from across the field. Learn more and register at https://events.educause.edu/nercomp-annual-conference/2022.
Update Your Email Signature
Use your email signature to share your status as a presenter at the annual conference:
I'm a presenter at the 2022 NERCOMP Annual Conference!
Join me March 14–16. #NERCOMP22.
Tips on Promoting Your Session on Social Media
- Start your promotion as soon as possible. This will help build interest early, leading to greater exposure for you by the time of the event.
- Include the official hashtag #NERCOMP22 in your social media posts and session slides/materials.
- Cross-promote with other presenters. Are you presenting with others? Are you part of a panel? Any colleagues speaking in other sessions? Connect with them and help promote each other.
- Provide your Twitter handle so attendees can connect after the session, and check Twitter after your session for additional questions/discussions.
- Tweet an hour before your session starts to create excitement.
- Go multimedia. Use slides, pictures, and video, especially during the event. The more interesting you can make your posts—both content-wise and visually—the more effective it will be for you.
- Have a conversation. UUse a natural voice in your posts. And make sure you reply to others posts when you can. You can build rapport and connections with your social media followers before and after your presentation.