This page contains logistical information for corporate displays and presentations at the Security Professionals Conference.
This is a table display set in a high-traffic area where refreshment breaks and the Tuesday reception occur.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 9:15–10:15 a.m.
- The table display setup is typically quick (one hour max, so prompt 9:15 a.m. setup is not necessary) and should take place while attendees are in sessions.
- Tables are assigned on-site and will be identified by company name.
- Standard items provided for your set include: 6ft skirted table, basic electricity, and wireless access.
- Valuable equipment, including a laptop, should be locked or removed if leaving the area after setting up.
(italicized functions take place in the display area, providing the most traffic)
Tuesday, May 14, 2019, Display Hours: 10:15 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- 10:15–11:00 a.m. refreshment break and corporate displays
- 2:00–2:45 p.m. dessert, refreshment break, and corporate displays
- 5:00–6:00 p.m. reception
Wednesday, May 15, 2019, Display Hours: 9:00 a.m.–2:20 p.m.
- 10:15–11:00 a.m. refreshment break and corporate displays
- 2:00–2:20 p.m. dessert, refreshment break, and corporate displays
Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 2:30–3:30 p.m.
Rules and Regulations
Very Important Note: Please carefully review the below (especially if you have participated at this conference before with a corporate display) as there are very specific restrictions at this year’s venue.
You may bring:
- A laptop or tablet which may be set on top of your 6’ table.
- A branded table cloth.
- Marketing collateral for setting out on your table, however you are limited to a one day's supply. Storage is NOT allowed under your table.
Do not bring:
- Pop-up (a.k.a. retractable or pull-up banners), trifold, briefcase, and modular displays, as well as traditional booths are prohibited.
- A monitor/t.v./display to set on your 6' table as it will not be permitted. If you want to have one of these items as part of your corporate display, it will need to be ordered from the hotel and will be pole mounted and set behind your table. Please let us know if you would like to place an order and I can put you in contact with the hotel directly.
As a courtesy to other participants and attendees and in an effort to create a positive experience for everyone, on-site representatives should adhere to the following rules/regulations.
- The corporate display is a table display, not an exhibit booth.
- Table placement in the foyers will consist of one 6'x30" draped table, two chairs, and one wastebasket.
- Storage is NOT allowed under tables and materials are to be limited to a one day's supply. Material distribution is limited to your corporate display area.
- The space for your corporate display is not defined with pipe and drape; please respect your neighbor's space by staying within the confines of your 6ft table.
- Staff your table during the scheduled refreshment breaks when attendees will be viewing corporate displays. Displays should be staffed by a maximum of two people. Too many people are intimidating to attendees and don't fit well within the confines of the space.
Industry and Campus Solutions Presentation
This presentation is given in collaboration with a current higher education client during a conference session. Articulate the issue, discuss the opportunity, and highlight how your implemented solution addressed the institution's need. These sessions take place concurrently on Tuesday, May 14 from 2:45-3:45 p.m.
Please review the Presenter Resources page for information on Room Set, AV and Technology, and uploading your session resources to share your presentation materials.
The EDUCAUSE Presenter Concierge service is an online resource to help design and deliver an effective presentation to ensure you use your speaking opportunity to the fullest extent possible. If you have any questions or need assistance contact the Presenter Concierge at [email protected].
Additional Information: Badges, Hotel and Travel, Shipping, Attendee Lists, Contacts
Anyone speaking, attending, or staffing the event must register for a badge.
Each type of participation includes one complimentary full-conference registration unless otherwise specified. Registration instructions with a discount code were sent by email.
One additional registration may be purchased at a discount ($100 off early-bird member rate) using the discount code provided by email.
Hotel and Travel
Information for hotel accommodations, as well as parking, air and ground transportation, and general area information, can be found on the Hotel and Travel page. The hotel cutoff date is April 15, 2019.
If you need to ship items for your participation, there is a The UPS Store at the Swissôtel Chicago. Detailed instructions including package handling fees were provided via email.
Attn: Guest Name – Company Name
Security Professionals Conference
323 E Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60601
EDUCAUSE is not responsible for coordinating, accepting, handling, and delivery of your shipment or any fees incurred. You and/or your on-site representative(s) are responsible for picking up shipped items and coordinating the return shipment.
Preconference Attendee List
There are two types of attendee lists available for the Security Professionals Conference: complimentary attendee address list for a one-time direct mail piece and registration lists for planning purposes only.
Registration (Participant) List
EDUCAUSE does not provide a pre or post-event attendee list; however, anyone registered for a name badge for the event may access the registration list by logging in to their registration.
Note: Registration list only includes attendees that opt-in to sharing their information.
EDUCAUSE prohibits the following use of the registration list: data may not be harvested, sold to others, incorporated into any type of database, used to generate mailing lists, or employed for any promotional purpose, especially mass e-mail or telephone solicitation. The registration list should not be used as a pre or post-conference lead sheet.
You may request one complimentary set of attendee addresses to promote corporate presence at the event via direct mail, by sending a request and promotional materials to [email protected] for approval of your mail piece. Once approved, the list of attendee addresses will be provided in an Excel spreadsheet; it is your responsibility to produce and mail the piece. We recommend requesting the mailing list sometime after the early bird registration deadline of April 1, 2019.
Note: This list only includes attendees that opt-in to receiving corporate mailers.
Logistics: Danielle Bailey, 720-406-6768, [email protected]
Sales: Carolyn Colman, 303-939-0326, [email protected]