Webinar | How Purdue University Enabled Quality Feedback by Improving the Grading Process
This webinar is a part of the EDUCAUSE Industry & Campus Solutions series.
Purdue University was looking for a new solution to address the challenges of grading large-scale and multi-section courses. The search and evaluation process led them to Gradescope, an assessment platform that enabled quality feedback at scale. The subsequent rollout and implementation, including partnering with faculty to build specific use cases, training, and support, has helped Purdue accelerate the grading process across campus. As priorities have shifted from COVID-19, over 2,000 courses have used Gradescope to collect, assess, and distribute feedback, delivering a reliable and consistent experience for faculty and students alike. Join this session to learn more about the evaluation and roll-out process, hear how they partnered with faculty to achieve success and resource efficiently, and see the impact and use of Gradescope’s student performance data at Purdue.
- Learn how Purdue's search for better technology improved institution-wide evaluation and adoption processes
- Discover how Gradescope addresses two of the biggest complaints students have about faculty feedback: speed and consistency
- Understand how Purdue uses Gradescope to complement the LMS, measure student learning, and resource efficiently
- Faculty to host panel discussion about benefits of Gradescope
- Purdue’s Institutional Data Processing provides guidelines for central scanning of documents for Gradescope
- Department specific Gradescope support from Computer Science
- Q&A with faculty and staff member who led Gradescope pilot
Principal Product Marketing Manager, Turnitin
Howard FooksmanEducational Technology Consultant, Purdue University
Resources & Downloads
EDUCAUSE strives to make its conferences and events accessible for all registrants. Live closed captioning and a downloadable transcript will be made available for this event. We've worked to provide resources that are accessible to as many people as possible, and if you encounter any issues while attending our events, please use the Contact Us web page to request assistance.