Webinar | EDUCAUSE Professional Pathways: Chart Your Way Forward!
EDUCAUSE has developed four professional pathways to guide you in supporting and transforming higher education through the innovative use of technology:
- Teaching and Learning
- Information Security
- Information Technology
Each of the four pathways offers role descriptions, sample positions, pay ranges, recommended skills and education, stories from actual professionals in higher education, toolkits, and specific actions customized by professional level and field. The pathways were designed to support individual professionals and others who support them such as division and team leaders, mentors, and coaches.
- Determine which of the four pathways is best suited to your goals and interests today and explore other options and paths
- Review the various levels and sections of your pathway to see the education, positions, skills, and actions that can move you forward
- Know how to conduct a gap analysis by completing the self-assessment for the pathway level that most closely aligns with your current role and the next one you aspire to
- Use the respective Pathway Toolkits to guide an exploration of your goals and competencies and chart a path that prepares you for future roles or an expansion of your current one
- Use the pathways for professional development planning to guide and transform the capabilities of your team and those who report to you
In preparation for our session, please review the Professional Pathways site.
Senior Director, Professional Learning and Develop, EDUCAUSE
Vanessa KenonAssociate Vice President Technology Compliance and, University of Texas at San Antonio
Ryan MacTaggartAssociate Director, Professional Learning, EDUCAUSE
Resources & Downloads
Inclusion and Accessibility
EDUCAUSE strives to hold meetings, conferences, and other professional events where all attendees feel welcome and barriers of any type do not exclude people from attending or participating. EDUCAUSE recognizes that long-term and lasting progress on this front will require time, sustained effort, and the cumulative impact of incremental and individual actions.
EDUCAUSE automatically provides real-time AI captioning and downloadable transcripts for all online events. Many online events utilize breakout rooms to enable small group interaction and learning and AI captioning is not available in breakout rooms at this time. To request an accommodation and/or services, please send an email to [email protected] or call (303) 449-4430 for assistance.