Webinar | Flexible Tools for Data Science Education
This webinar is a part of the EDUCAUSE Industry & Campus Solutions series.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning have become critical for organizations seeking to leverage business value from their data. The need for schools to prep students to be technologists well-versed in these tools is in more demand than ever. However, institutions building data science courses are often stymied by the high variability of needs across teachers, faculty, and students. Instructors and students often struggle with configurations of rapidly evolving AI/ML tooling.
The ideal solution is a flexible, customizable alternative to individually configured data science tooling. This solution must provide the leading open-source tools to reflect industry usage and a cloud service approach to allow faculty and researchers to spend more time teaching and less time debugging laptops. It should also provide a consistent, reliable, and fair environment for all and, ideally, allow connecting from a browser to lab material. This webinar presents just such a solution.
- Remove the toil of maintaining on-prem infrastructure with managed cloud services
- Foster ease-of-use and flexibility with an open, modern approach
- Create a new approach to open-source, interactive textbooks and data science tools in the classroom and lab
- Reduce the beginning-of-semester challenges of setting up individual laptops for data science
- Adjust to rapidly evolving needs based on subjects being taught
Resources & Downloads
EDUCAUSE strives to make its conferences and events accessible for all registrants. Live closed captioning and a downloadable transcript will be made available for this event. We've worked to provide resources that are accessible to as many people as possible, and if you encounter any issues while attending our events, please use the Contact Us web page to request assistance.