Webinar | How to Switch Between Online and In-Person Grading
This webinar is a part of the EDUCAUSE Industry & Campus Solutions series.
In 2015, Northwestern University began looking for a software solution to streamline its grading process. In Crowdmark, the university found a solution that not only increased grading speed, but also allowed instructors to give richer feedback while ensuring grading consistency. Crowdmark is now used by faculty throughout the institution, including in the Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Psychology Departments. As the pandemic lingers, Northwestern has been able to move seamlessly between in-person and online assessments, even for large-scale classes and handwritten work. Join faculty presenters as they discuss how Northwestern University adopted and rolled out Crowdmark. Learn how the Teaching & Learning Technologies department supports instructors and how grading has improved since implementation of Crowdmark.
- Learn how Northwestern University used Crowdmark to assess large courses and grade handwritten work during the pandemic
- Discover how Northwestern was able to streamline grading processes while giving richer and consistent feedback
- Understand how Northwestern University uses Crowdmark to complement the LMS, measure student learning, and coordinate grading teams
- Northwestern University’s Digital Learning Guide on using Crowdmark for grading paper exams in large courses
- Northwestern University, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences, newsletter article on the benefits of Crowdmark
- Northwestern University presentation on what Crowdmark is and how it works
Senior Director, Teaching & Learning Technologies, Northwestern University
Stephanie KnezzAssistant Professor of Instruction, Northwestern University
Aaron PetersonAssociate Professor of Instruction, Northwestern University
Resources & Downloads
EDUCAUSE strives to make its conferences and events accessible for all registrants. Live closed captioning and a downloadable transcript will be made available for this event. We've worked to provide resources that are accessible to as many people as possible, and if you encounter any issues while attending our events, please use the Contact Us web page to request assistance.