Webinar | Navigating a Cybersecurity Career
Having a satisfying cybersecurity career can feel elusive, even for a seasoned cybersecurity professional. In this session, we’ll talk about things that all security professionals, of all levels and backgrounds, need to know and do, in order to achieve professional success.
We will cover:
- The importance of networking - how to leverage your networks to achieve your career goals
- Continuous learning - when, how, and when is it too much?
- Self-awareness - why this is the basis for everything you do
- Managing yourself vs. managing others - when to be a single contributor and when to run a team
- Handling security stress - why does it happen, and what can be done about it?
- Leaving a legacy - what to do if you want to be remembered for more than the immediate job
Attendees will learn how to arrive, thrive, and lead a cybersecurity program, with a focus on examples from higher education
Cybersecurity Strategic Advisor, EDUCAUSE Alumni
Resources & Downloads
Inclusion and Accessibility
EDUCAUSE strives to hold meetings, conferences, and other professional events where all attendees feel welcome and barriers of any type do not exclude people from attending or participating. EDUCAUSE recognizes that long-term and lasting progress on this front will require time, sustained effort, and the cumulative impact of incremental and individual actions.
EDUCAUSE automatically provides real-time AI captioning and downloadable transcripts for all online events. Many online events utilize breakout rooms to enable small group interaction and learning and AI captioning is not available in breakout rooms at this time. To request an accommodation and/or services, please send an email to [email protected] or call (303) 449-4430 for assistance.