Webinar | Navigating a Cybersecurity Career
Having a satisfying cybersecurity career can feel elusive, even for a seasoned cybersecurity professional. In this session, we’ll talk about things that all security professionals, of all levels and backgrounds, need to know and do, in order to achieve professional success.
We will cover:
- The importance of networking - how to leverage your networks to achieve your career goals
- Continuous learning - when, how, and when is it too much?
- Self-awareness - why this is the basis for everything you do
- Managing yourself vs. managing others - when to be a single contributor and when to run a team
- Handling security stress - why does it happen, and what can be done about it?
- Leaving a legacy - what to do if you want to be remembered for more than the immediate job
Attendees will learn how to arrive, thrive, and lead a cybersecurity program, with a focus on examples from higher education
Advisory CISO, Cisco Systems Inc
EDUCAUSE strives to make its conferences and events accessible for all registrants. Live closed captioning and a downloadable transcript will be made available for this event. We've worked to provide resources that are accessible to as many people as possible, and if you encounter any issues while attending our events, please use the Contact Us web page to request assistance.