Learning Lab | Creating a Campus Culture of Security and Privacy
Part 1: January 31 | 12:00–1:00 p.m.ET
Part 2: February 1 | 12:00–1:30 p.m. ET
Part 3: February 8 | 12:00–1:30 p.m. ET
Part 4: February 15 | 12:00–1:30 p.m. ET
As security and privacy have become increasingly intertwined, it's become critical to develop a campus culture that embraces both. A strategic awareness plan helps ensure that your efforts are successful. Attendees will participate in exercises to assess their audiences, develop messaging, identify needed assets (including campus partners), and build an effective plan.
NOTE: You will be asked to complete assignments in between the Learning Lab segments that support the learning outcomes stated below. You will receive feedback and constructive critique from course facilitators.
- Understand key elements and considerations in creating a security and privacy awareness plan
- Identify and segment audiences
- Identify appropriate metrics for evaluating effectiveness
- Develop messaging on key security or privacy topics
- Complete a high-level plan and identify specific deliverables for selected topics
Security awareness and privacy professionals
Ben Woelk, Governance, Awareness, and Training Manager, Rochester Institute of Technology