EDUCAUSE Leadership Series |
Retaining and Building the Higher Education Workforce
Formerly known as the Hawkins Leadership Roundtable
January 30-February 6, 2023
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and the "great resignation," higher education leaders had to adapt and find creative ways to retain professionals and keep them motivated, productive, and engaged. While some of the changes that had to be made in the past two years were temporary, many are becoming permanent, fundamentally shifting how leaders and teams approach their work. Retaining and Building the Higher Education Workforce, part of the new EDUCAUSE Leadership Series, includes three tracks that focus on specific aspects of workforce transformation and effective practice:
- Higher education workforce models: what leaders need to know
- Effective leadership for a transformed workforce
- Sustainable change: leading and retaining diverse teams
Participants may choose to engage in any or all of the tracks through multiple live sessions over two weeks. Each track features a robust set of curated resources prepared with the leadership perspective in mind. Throughout, participants will meet, share with, and learn from a cohort of experienced higher education executives and senior leaders for networking and conversation with small-group deep dives.
Through active and engaged participation in the EDUCAUSE Leadership Series | Retaining and Building the Higher Education Workforce, you will:
- Reflect, synthesize, and network, while discussing key workforce issues with experts in the field;
- Develop relationships with a cohort of leaders you can tap for advice and guidance as you progress along your executive or senior leader professional pathway; and
- Engage in one-on-one mentoring or topic-based mentoring circles after the event with individuals you met or would like to meet from the EDUCAUSE community.