ChatGPT and Generative AI: Navigating Leadership Opportunities and Challenges
Tuesday, October 10 | 12:00–1:30 p.m. CT (lunch included)
Wednesday, October 11 | 12:00–1:30pm CT (lunch included)
EDUCAUSE Members Registration Fee: $495
Non Members Registration Fee: $605
Registration for the 2023 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference is required.
Generative AI and ChatGPT present opportunities and challenges for higher education leaders grappling with complex questions and considerations around its use. They are being asked to provide guidance, recommendations, and education on the topic to multiple stakeholders including, faculty, students, researchers, staff, and the larger community. In this Leadership Series, participants will learn from and connect with thought leaders in privacy, policy, data, teaching and learning, and information technology. Through panel discussions, small-group deep dives, and networking on the topics below, participants will explore diverse perspectives and share insights to prepare them to successfully lead their organization’s generative AI initiatives.
- Pedagogical opportunities related to generative AI and coursework
- Privacy and security implications of AI now and in the future
- Types of generative AI and how they are likely to impact higher education
- Strategies for leaders to address effects and impacts of AI on higher education
- Ethical considerations around the use of AI and how to navigate them
Engage in generative AI discussions through the EDUCAUSE community group after the event with individuals you met or would like to meet from the community. A set of generative AI resources prepared with the leadership perspective in mind will be provided.
Olivia Kew-Fickus, Chief Data Officer and Executive Director for Data & Strategic Analytics, Vanderbilt University
Presenters and Panelists
Josh Weiss, Director of Digital Learning Solutions at Stanford University Graduate School of Education
Lance Eaton, Director of Digital Pedagogy, College Unbound
Kate Miffitt, Director for Innovation at California State University Office of the Chancellor
Allan Gyorke, Associate VP for Information Technology and Assistant Provost for Educational Innovation, University of Miami
John Dunning, Assistant Vice-Chancellor for IR, Strategy and Planning/Chief Data Officer at University of Wisconsin - Platteville
Veronica Machado, Student, College Unbound
Sania Khan, Vice President, Experience Design, Ellucian
How to Register
In order to participate in the Leadership Series, you’ll need to add it as an additional item as part of your 2023 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference registration.
- Go to the EDUCAUSE Registration page and click on the red “Register Now” button to register for the conference.
- Add the EDUCAUSE Leadership Series | ChatGPT and Generative AI: Navigating Leadership Opportunities and Challenges.
- Complete your registration and join us in Chicago.