To create a space of access and participation, the Conflict Resolution, Coaching, and Accountability: Developing Powerful Working Relationships event will be delivered online via synchronous and asynchronous engagement opportunities.
This EDUCAUSE Leadership Series event will include four sessions with focused resources combined with synchronous, live conversations (via Zoom) and will finish with a fourth session to integrate and apply new skills along with opportunity for questions and answers with the facilitator. Participants are encouraged to engage in all four sessions as they build upon one another.
- Theme 1: January 22, 12:00–1:45 p.m. ET
- Theme 2: January 29, 12:00–1:45 p.m. ET
- Theme 3: February 1, 12:00–1:45 p.m. ET
- Closing Session: February 8, 12:00–1:45 p.m. ET
Session 1 | How to Say Anything to Anyone: Creating an Environment Where People Want to Work
In this session, we'll delve into essential aspects of your workplace dynamics that significantly influence one's desire to work there. We'll explore the critical nuances of feedback, collaboration, and trust, positioning them as pivotal drivers of team performance and engagement.
- Enhance the Work Environment. Identify factors that support retention, team commitment, performance, and sustained engagement.
- Cultivate Feedback Loops. Foster an environment where open, honest dialogue and feedback begets further meaningful feedback.
- Facilitate Collaboration. Set clear expectations for all working relationships across teams, divisions, and departments.
- Develop Trust. Create an environment of candid dialogue that honors various work styles.
Session 2 | Feedback is a Retention Tool. Care Enough to Speak Up.
In this session, we'll empower impactful conversations for managers, ensuring effective discussions on critical matters. We'll cover effective feedback delivery, minimizing resistance, and addressing conflict that can often arise from feedback.
- Have Successful Difficult Conversations. Minimize team member resistance and defensiveness during feedback sessions and difficult conversations.
- Empower Conversation. Equip managers to engage in impactful conversations with team members on what matters most.
- Addressing Conflict from Resistance and Feedback. Determine strategies for handling conflict arising from feedback to enhance retention and engagement.
- Packaging and Delivering Difficult Messages. Provide actionable feedback quickly, directly, and compassionately to enhance performance and preserve relationships.
Session 3 | Getting the Best from Your Team: Coaching and Developing for Powerful Performance
This third session will emphasize sustaining conversations over time to enhance accountability, master strategic delegation, and ensure coaching does not end with a single conversation.
- Ongoing Accountability and Communication. Implement accountability processes to follow up on coaching and feedback conversations.
- Strategic Delegation. Develop skills to delegate effectively, regardless of direct reporting status and teams.
- Ongoing Growth. Create systems and processes to ensure career conversations happen regularly throughout the year, rather than only during performance reviews.
- Managing Change. Establishing processes and practices for accountability and communication that support and lead change.
Session 4 | Integrating New Skills: Putting it together and into practice
This session focuses on integration and implementation of the lessons and tactics shared. We'll consolidate insights from the first three sessions, demonstrating how they fit together to inform your practice. This session may encompass discussions on previously untouched subjects, delving deeper into covered content, substantial Q&A with Sherri, and more. The session's specifics will be tailored to you, adapting in response to your needs after the initial three sessions.