EDUCAUSE Managers Institute
The EDUCAUSE Managers Institute is tailored to higher education managers with 3-5 years of experience. The program provides a deeper foundation for enhancing those skills contributing to the successful engagement and motivation of people, practicing management values and decisions, effective organizational communication, team development and optimization, financial management, and project prioritization and control.
Identify personal and organizational values that align with and enhance your management goals.
- Analyze characteristics and traits of effective managers
- Assess your management strengths and weaknesses
- Analyze strategies for promoting a more diverse and inclusive workplace environment
- Explain the importance of emotional intelligence as a management skill
- Create a plan for approaching ethical decision-making
Develop communication strategies that allow information to be clearly articulated to different stakeholders.
- Analyze communication styles used in different workplace situations
- Identify management practices that strengthen trust with internal and external partners
- Analyze strategies for negotiating and persuading others
- Discuss ways to manage interpersonal conflict in the workplace
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills using industry best practices
Implement strategies for maximizing performance with individuals and teams.
- Describe the value of effective teams at institutions of higher education
- Evaluate management opportunities for delegation
- Evaluate opportunities for coaching and mentoring in your current role
- Practice giving and receiving feedback
- Develop a comprehensive approach to support employee performance
- Create a plan for maximizing individual and team development
Execute a financial strategy that maximizes resources and manages constraints.
- Develop strategies to overcome common budgeting challenges
- Identify opportunities to support the budgeting strategy of the institution
- Develop partnerships to help secure necessary funds for critical workplace initiatives
- Use leadership skills to support budgeting efforts
Employ techniques for effectively managing all elements within a project.
- Develop a plan for engaging key project stakeholders
- Develop strategies to maximize the efficiency of meetings and individual work
- Assess techniques for prioritizing competing demands
- Use strategic thinking to help others navigate organizational changes
- Determine critical sources of data to manage people and projects
Interested in becoming a faculty member for an EDUCAUSE Institute? Learn more about the process here.
EDUCAUSE Professional Pathways
The EDUCAUSE Professional Pathways are designed to help you determine where you are in your career today and create a plan to move toward tomorrow.