Review the Exhibitor Kit carefully for important booth coordination information: show hours, rules and regulations, official general service contractor, exhibitor registration, timeline, and contacts.
Exhibit Hall Hours
Tuesday, March 27
Tuesday, March 27
Wednesday, March 28
Wednesday, March 28
* Note: The exhibit hall is closed for lunch Tuesday 12:00–1:15 p.m. and Wednesday 11:45 a.m.–1:45 p.m.
Freeman, Shipping, and Labor Jurisdiction
Freeman is the official general service contractor for NERCOMP 2018. Freeman Online is available to order all Freeman services and other officially contracted services instrumental for your booth. Other service forms included are electrical, A/V, computer rental, and internet.
Freeman is in charge of warehouse acceptance/storage and on-site acceptance of your NERCOMP 2018 shipment. Shipping labels are available through Freeman Online. All items and materials brought into the facility may be subject to Material Handling Charges and are the responsibility of the Exhibitor. This also applies to items not ordered through the official show vendors.
Exhibitors are allowed to set-up and/or dismantle their own booths, provided that they use their own bona fide, full-time employees. Do not bring outside labor of any kind. Exhibitor appointed contractors hired for installation and/or dismantling of the booth must obtain labor from the official contractor, Freeman. Exhibitor appointed contractors cannot physically erect the booth, but may supervise only. (The Labor Jurisdictions information sheet can be found at Freeman Online.)
If you have questions, contact Freeman Exhibitor Services at 508-894-5100 and identify yourself as a NERCOMP exhibitor.
LeadCapture solution provided by CVENT – a smartphone app that makes it easy to scan and rate leads, take notes, and access your leads at any time via your personal web portal.
Make sure you are on schedule! This timeline includes due dates for all conference suppliers instrumental in the coordination of your participation at NERCOMP.
|Exhibitor Directory Information
Promote your company for free in the online, mobile, and printed Exhibitor Directory. The directory listing includes company name, booth number, sales contact (name/title/email/phone), website URL, and product/service categories.
Finalize information in the "Booth Info" section of your exhibitor console by February 9 for your company's listing to be included in the print directory. Access to your exhibitor console was shared in the Exhibitor Kit communication email sent. After February 9, changes to your "Booth Info" section will only display in the web and mobile directory.
|February 27 – March 20
|Shipping to Warehouse
Freeman begins accepting shipments on February 27 and continues through March 20. "Shipping to Warehouse" labels are located at Freeman Online. Materials received after March 20 will incur an additional charge.
Important: due to short setup on Tuesday (7:30–10:00 a.m.), we strongly recommend shipping in advance to the warehouse instead of direct to show site.
|Promotional Mailing (direct mail, no email)
Exhibitors may request one complimentary set of attendee addresses to promote corporate presence with an approved direct mail piece (no email).
Send your promotional materials to [email protected] for approval. The two major things we look for during the approval process are: EDUCAUSE and NERCOMP are all upper case; the copy does not imply that EDUCAUSE or NERCOMP endorses your company's presence or its products and services.
Once approved, the list of attendee addresses may be requested at any time, though we recommend waiting until after the end of early-bird registration on February 12. The list will be provided in an Excel spreadsheet; it is the exhibitor's responsibility to produce and mail the piece.
|Make your hotel reservations directly with The Omni Providence (formerly The Westin Providence) from the NERCOMP Hotel and Travel page.
|Freeman Discount Price Deadline
|Submit to Freeman; forms are located at Freeman Online.
|Rhode Island Convention Center Services Discount Price Deadline
Submit to the Rhode Island Convention Center (RICC); forms are located at Freeman Online.
Exhibitor services ordered from the RICC must be made online.
|CVENT Lead Capture Order Deadline
The LeadCapture app to scan leads and capture relevant qualifying information, all with your own Android or iOS device. Download the PDF for more information and to place your order.
|Advance Exhibitor Registration
|Register booth personnel from the exhibitor portal. Each 8' x 10' booth includes five complimentary exhibitor registrations if processed in advance prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern March 22. Additional and on-site registrations are $55.00. Registration instructions are above.
|Shipping to Show Site
Shipments will be accepted starting Monday, March 26. "Shipping to Show Site" labels are located at Freeman Online.
Important: due to short setup on Tuesday (7:30–10:00 a.m.), we strongly recommend shipping in advance to the warehouse. If you must ship directly to the show site, please schedule for a Monday delivery so your boxes are available first thing Tuesday morning.
|Function / Responsibility
Danielle Bailey, Operations Coordinator
Tonya Sloan, Operations Manager
Carolyn Colman, Senior Manager, Membership Development
|General Service Contractor
|Exhibitor Services Department
|Rhode Island Convention Center
|Rhode Island Convention Center
|Advanced Convention Services (ACS)
|Advanced Convention Services (ACS) via
Rhode Island Convention Center website
|Lead Capture Provider
|Tyler Minnis, Director of AV
|The Omni Providence
|One West Exchange Street
Providence, Rhode Island 02903
Toll Free within the US: 866-716-8119
Exhibit Hall Setup
Short Setup: All exhibits must be set by 10:00 a.m. Empty crates must be set in aisle for pickup by 9:00 a.m.
Due to short setup we strongly recommend shipping your booth in advance to the warehouse instead of direct to show site. If you must ship direct to show site, please schedule for delivery on Monday, March 26.
- The exhibit hall is closed to exhibitors for cleaning from 10:00 to 10:30 a.m.
- Exhibitors will be allowed to re-enter the exhibit area at 10:30 a.m. for the 10:45 a.m. opening
- Due to security only those with an exhibitor badge will have access to the exhibit hall during setup on Tuesday and 90 minutes before the hall opens on Wednesday.
- Please do not schedule meetings in the exhibit hall during setup and preshow hours, as attendees without the exhibitor badge will not be allowed in the hall.
Exhibitor Badge Registration
Advance Exhibitor Badge Registration
Each 8' x 10' booth includes five complimentary exhibitor badge registrations.* Exhibitor badges includes entrance into the exhibit hall, refreshment breaks in the hall, and breakfasts.
*Staff must be registered in advance to take advantage of the complimentary exhibitor registrations. Advanced registration ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern on March 22. On-site registrations are $55.00 each.
Note: Exhibitor registration does NOT include lunch, sessions, and other functions. There are several restaurants in Downtown Providence located near the convention center.
Any exhibit personnel who wish to attend any portion of the NERCOMP 2018 conference are required to pay the appropriate conference registration fee (registration fees are available through the exhibitor portal).
Badge Registration Instructions
- Go to NERCOMP 2018 Exhibitor Registration.
- Enter registrant information and select company name from the drop-down menu.
Important: if registering on behalf of person, check the applicable box (you will receive a copy of the confirmation emailed to the registrant).
- Click "Next" to continue with registration.
- Select registration option(s):
- Exhibit Staff: If using allotted badges included with the booth, the $55.00 fee will be zeroed out at the end after selecting the "Complete Registration" button.
- Conference Registration: Full-conference and one-day only registrations are available for purchase.
- Reception Ticket: Admittance into the reception is not included with the exhibit staff badge. Tickets may be purchased when registering.
- Continue to Registration Summary page to "Complete Registration".
Remember: if using registration included with the booth the $55.00 fee will be zeroed out after selecting the "Complete Registration" button.
Group registration allows multiple individuals to be registered in a single transaction. It is important that the group registration instructions are followed exactly to ensure the group registration is processed correctly.
Exhibit Hall Information
The Exhibit Hall is located in Ballrooms A-C of the Rhode Island Convention. The exhibit hall is carpeted; show colors are blue and flax (tan).
- Five exhibitor registrations per 8x10 space*
- One 6' table, two chairs, one waste basket, and an ID sign
- Wireless access (electricity and wired internet must be ordered)
- Exhibitor directory listing (web, mobile, and print)
- Access to one complimentary attendee address list for sending an approved direct mail piece (no email or telephone solicitation).
* The complimentary exhibitor registrations must be processed in advance. Advanced registration ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern on March 22. On-site registrations are $55.00 each.
All exhibitors are responsible for ensuring that their booths meet the NERCOMP 2018 Exhibit Display Rules.
- All exhibits must conform to and enhance the professional and educational atmosphere of the meeting.
- Maximum height for booths is 8' in the back half of the booth and 4' in the front half of the booth. Note: free-standing banners taller than 4' must be displayed in the back half of the booth.
- Overflow from booths into the aisles is prohibited. Do not over-furnish or overstaff your booth.
- Hanging signs, helium balloons, and/or lighter-than-air objects are not permitted.
- Storage behind back drape, pop-up structures, and under draped tables is prohibited. Storing a limited supply of literature or product appropriately within the booth area is okay if items do not impede access to utility services, create a safety problem, or look unsightly.
- No catering orders are allowed in booths.
- Pop-up structures should be positioned to minimize visibility of unfinished backs.
- Masking drape, ordered by show management, will be required for all unfinished booths.
Preconference Attendee List
There are two types of attendee lists available for NERCOMP 2018: complimentary attendee address list for a one-time direct mail piece and registration (participant) lists for planning purposes only.
Registration List (cannot be used for promotional purposes)
Anyone registered for the conference has access to the registration (participant) lists using their registration email and confirmation number. Registration lists are provided as a service for conference attendees to network with their peers.
EDUCAUSE prohibits the following use of the registration list: data may not be harvested, sold to others, incorporated into any type of database, used to generate mailing lists, or employed for any promotional purpose, especially mass email and telephone solicitation. The registration list should not be used as a pre or post-conference lead sheet. Registration lists only includes attendees that opt-in to sharing their information.
Attendee Mailing List (can be used for promotional purposes)
NERCOMP 2018 participants may request one set of complimentary attendee physical addresses to promote presence via direct mail. See details in the below timeline.
The Omni Providence is the official NERCOMP 2018 host hotel. Visit Hotel and Travel to book accommodations in the EDUCAUSE room block by March 5, 2018.
Housing Advisory: The Omni Providence is the only official NERCOMP 2018 host hotel. Any other company or travel agency contacting you is not affiliated with EDUCAUSE. These agencies and companies claim the room inventory is low and will offer better rates and any other sales pitch to solicit your business. In some cases these companies claim to have hotel rooms at discounted rates, but when you arrive on-site, the hotel does not have your reservation. If you make reservations through any other organization, EDUCAUSE is unable to guarantee the validity of the reservation.