To help you quickly and easily promote your participation before, during, and after the event, we've created the following tips and templates for you to use.
Share on Social Media
Copy and paste the sample message(s) below on your preferred social media channels to announce your participation and/or promote your presentation.
[Company Name] is excited to participate at #CybersecPrivacy21. Join us online, June 8–10, to explore "Transformation" and what role information security and privacy play in the recovery ahead. Learn more at https://events.educause.edu/cybersecurity-and-privacy-professionals-conference/2021.
[Company Name] is excited to participate at #CybersecPrivacy21. Join us online, June 8–10, and find our presentation, [insert your presentation name]. Learn more at https://events.educause.edu/cybersecurity-and-privacy-professionals-conference/2021.
Need an image? Download the image provided below to incorporate in your posts.
Social Media Tips
- Start your promotion as soon as your participation is confirmed. This will help build interest early, leading to greater exposure for you by the time of the event.
- Include the official hashtag—#CybersecPrivacy21—in your posts to be part of the conversation.
- Post to all of your organization's channels one hour before the event begins each day to create excitement.
- Provide your Twitter handle and other social media channels in your presentation materials, so attendees can connect with you after the event. Check your channels periodically to help answer questions and participate in discussions.
- Go multimedia. Use content marketing, pictures, and video, especially during the event. The more interesting you can make your posts—both content-wise and visually—the more effective your posts will be.
- Have a conversation. Use a natural voice in your posts, make sure you reply to others' posts when you can, and thank attendees for participating.
Update Your Email Signature
Use your daily emails to let your contacts know they can find you at the event.
Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference Sponsor
[Company Name] is participating at the Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference. Join us online, June 8–10, to explore "Transformation" and what role information security and privacy play in the recovery ahead.
Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference Presenter
I’m thrilled to present at the Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference. Join me online, June 8–10, and find my presentation, [insert presentation name].
Leverage EDUCAUSE Advertising
Leverage EDUCAUSE digital advertising opportunities to promote your participation. Opportunities include:
Display advertising on popular EDUCAUSE web pages, which attract more than two million visitors per year.
Highly visible ad positions in weekly EDUCAUSE Review Content Alert emails, sent to 86,000 individuals.
New ad retargeting opportunities to advertise to EDUCAUSE website visitors and event attendees anywhere they visit online
Take Advantage of Your Other Marketing Channels & Tactics
Newsletters & Email Announcements
Use the sample message below to share the news in your organization's newsletters and email communications.
Dear [insert name],
I'm thrilled to share that this year's Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference will take place online, June 8–10, and we're participating. Along with a deep program of innovative ideas and insights on "Transformation" and what role information security and privacy play in the recovery ahead, the conference is the best place for higher education information security and privacy professionals to connect and share experiences.
I hope you will join us and spread the word by encouraging your professional colleagues and friends to join as well.
When it's time for the event, please find our team through the networking opportunities provided. We're happy to help answer your most urgent questions, provide useful information and resources, and engage with you more deeply about your needs now and in the future
Registration for the event opens in mid-April.
[insert your name]