Promote Your Session Before the Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference
Thank you for participating as a presenter at the Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference! You act as a key influencer when you spread the word about the meeting with your networks and invite more voices into the discussion.
Share on Social Media
Share the post below to spread the word that you are participating!
I am thrilled to present at #CybersecPrivacy21! Join me online, June 8–10, and be sure to check out my session. Learn more at https://events.educause.edu/cybersecurity-and-privacy-professionals-conference/2021
Share by Email
Use this sample message to send an email to your colleagues.
Dear (insert your colleague's name),
I am thrilled to share that this year’s online Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference will take place on June 8–10 and I'm presenting. Along with a deep program of innovative ideas and insights, the meeting is the best place for higher education cybersecurity and privacy peers to connect and share experiences. I hope you will join me and spread the word by encouraging your professional colleagues and friends to register.
Registration for the event is open. Join me at the 2021 Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference.
Update Your Email Signature
Use your daily emails to promote your session.
I am presenting at the 2021 Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference! Check out my session and join me online, June 8–10.
Promote Your Session on Social Media
Presenting at the Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference is a big deal! We encourage you to promote it on your social media networks.
- Start your promotion as soon as your session is confirmed. This will help build interest early, leading to greater exposure for you by the time of the event.
- Include the official hashtag #CybersecPrivacy21 in your social media posts and session slides/materials.
- Cross-promote with other presenters. Someone else you are speaking with? Part of a panel? Any colleagues speaking in other sessions? Connect with them and help promote each other.
- Provide your Twitter handle so attendees can connect after the session, and check Twitter after your session for additional questions/discussions.
- Tweet an hour before your session starts to create excitement.
- Make your slides available to the public—provide them to EDUCAUSE for sharing.
- Go multimedia. Use slides, pictures, and video, especially during the event. The more interesting you can make your posts – both content-wise and visually, the more effective it will be for you.
- Have a conversation. Use a natural voice in your posts. And make sure you reply to others posts when you can. Answer attendees questions about your session, and thank them for participating in it.
Tips for a 5-Star Presentation
- Know your audience: Who are they? Why would they come? What do they need? EDUCAUSE can provide you with information on our audience.
- Prepare: Know your stuff. Practice. Time yourself. Critique yourself. Practice some more.
- Engage your audience: Build in engagement during your presentation (using the chatbox, storytelling, etc.) to hold your audience's attention.
- Test: Remember to test your equipment and make final adjustments before you present live or record your session.
- Leave a lasting impression: What are three things your audience should do as a result of your session?