Promote Your Session Before the Conference
Thank you for participating as a presenter at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference! You are putting in a lot of hard work to prepare for your session. So we encourage you to spread the word about your content, the great work you are doing, and to encourage your networks to join you at the event and your session.
Share on Social Media
Share the posts below to spread the word that you are participating!
I am excited and honored to participate as a presenter at #EDU21! Join me October 26–29. Learn more at https://events.educause.edu/annual-conference
Be sure to check out my presentation, "INSERT TITLE HERE" at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2021, October 26 – 29, 2021. #EDU21 https://events.educause.edu/annual-conference
It's also important to share why presenting is important to you and/or why your friends and peers would be interested in the presentation.
I'm excited to announce that I'll be presenting at #EDU21 on [TOPIC]. [WHY THEY SHOULD CARE ABOUT THIS PRESENTATION]. To join me, visit https://events.educause.edu/annual-conference.
I'm looking forward to sharing my work on [TOPIC] with thousands of #EDU21 attendees from across the field. Learn more and register at https://events.educause.edu/annual-conference.
Update Your Email Signature
Use your email signature to share your status as a presenter at the annual conference.
EDUCAUSE 2021 Presenter
I'm a presenter at the 2021 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference! Join me October 26–29. #EDU21
Promote Your Session on Social Media
- Start your promotion as soon as possible. This will help build interest early, leading to greater exposure for you by the time of the event.
- Include the official hashtag #EDU21 in your social media posts and session slides/materials.
- Cross-promote with other presenters. Are you presenting with others? Are you part of a panel? Any colleagues speaking in other sessions? Connect with them and help promote each other.
- Provide your Twitter handle so attendees can connect after the session, and check Twitter after your session for additional questions/discussions.
- Tweet an hour before your session starts to create excitement.
- Go multimedia. Use slides, pictures, and video, especially during the event. The more interesting you can make your posts – both content-wise and visually, the more effective it will be for you.
- Have a conversation & make connections. Use a natural voice in your posts. And make sure you reply to others posts when you can. You can build rapport and connections with your social media followers before and after your presentation