Participating at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference is a big deal! To help you quickly and easily promote your presence before, during, and after the event, we've created the following tips and templates for you to use.
Share on Social Media
Copy and paste the sample message(s) below on your preferred social media channels to announce your participation and/or promote your presentation. You can also incorporate the official EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2021 image into your posts.
[Company Name] is excited to participate at #EDU21. Join us, October 26–29, and find out how we can help you address current and existing challenges and opportunities in #HigherEdIT. Learn more at https://events.educause.edu/annual-conference.
[Company Name] is excited to present at #EDU21. Join us, October 26–29, to learn about [insert presentation detail] during our presentation [insert title of session]. Learn more at https://events.educause.edu/annual-conference.
Social Media Tips
- Start your promotion as soon as your participation is confirmed. This will help build interest early, leading to greater exposure for you by the time of the event.
- Include the official hashtag—#EDU21—in your posts to be part of the conversation.
- Post to all of your organization's channels one hour before the event begins each day to create excitement.
- Provide your Twitter handle and other social media channels in your presentation materials or other collateral, so attendees can connect with you after the event. Check your channels periodically to help answer questions and participate in discussions.
- Go multimedia. Use content marketing, pictures, and video, especially during the event. The more interesting you can make your posts—both content-wise and visually—the more effective your posts will be.
- Have a conversation. Use a natural voice in your posts, make sure you reply to others' posts when you can, and thank attendees for participating.
Update Your Email Signature
Use your daily emails to let your contacts know they can find you at the event.
EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2021 Exhibitor
[Company Name] is participating at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2021. Join us and find our booth, October 27–28.
EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2021 Presenter
I am presenting at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2021! Join me, October 26–29.
Leverage EDUCAUSE Advertising
Leverage EDUCAUSE digital advertising opportunities to help drive traffic to your booth and connect with attendees post-event, such as:
- Display advertising on popular EDUCAUSE web pages, which attract more than two million visitors per year
- Highly visible ad positions in weekly EDUCAUSE Review email Content Alerts, (sent to 86,000 individuals) and/or newsletters targeted to CIOs and senior IT leaders, teaching and learning professionals, information security and privacy professionals, information technology professionals, or other campus leaders
- New ad retargeting opportunities to advertise to EDUCAUSE website visitors anywhere they visit online
Take Advantage of Your Other Marketing Channels & Tactics
Newsletters & Email Announcements
Use the sample message below to share the news in your organization's newsletters and email communications. Be sure to let your audience know about the special content, offers, or other unique opportunities you'll provide at #EDU21.
"Dear [insert name],
I'm thrilled to share that this year's EDUCAUSE Annual Conference will take place in-person and online, October 26–29, and we're participating.
Along with a deep program of innovative ideas and insights, the conference is the best place for the higher education IT community to connect and share experiences. I hope you will join us and spread the word by encouraging your professional colleagues and friends to attend as well.
When it's time for the event, please find our booth in the exhibit hall (in-person). We're happy to help answer your most urgent questions, provide useful information and resources, and engage with you more deeply about your needs now and in the future.
Registration for the event is open. Join us at EDUCAUSE 2021!
[insert your name]"
Work with Your PR Team or Press/Media Attending the Event
Let your PR team know about your company's participation at the event, so they can help create a strategic plan of timely press releases.
You can also access an up-to-date list of media attending the conference at any time from your registration dashboard by filtering the Participant list for "Press/Media."
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].